East Hartford, CT asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Connecticut

Q: where can i find a sliding scale or pro bona attorney for a family court visitation issue

there is a contempt motion filled on me there is an agreement that has been closed in 2022 but my kids mom filled a motion and i feel I need representation because she has an attorney

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick

A: You should search in Justia's online directory by clicking the "Find a Lawyer" button for an attorney who practices Family Law and/or Child Custody in or near the county where the motion has been filed, and then review the attorney's profile to determine if the attorney offers pro bono or a sliding scale fee schedule.

You might also check with any legal aid organizations near you.

Some attorneys will defend a contempt motion related to child support or visitation on a flat fee basis if the only legal service to be provided is a defense of the contempt motion at a single court appearance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.