Parker, AZ asked in Car Accidents for Arizona

Q: Is a state responsible for damage done by their broke sign and did damage to my car due to not seeing it.

Sign had be broke. The state was told by county and failed to fix. I went to turn around and didn't see it. Did some major damage and I have 500. Deductible. Think they should have to pay for it. I have a Lancer. Rides low. It was dark. And they had been told it was broke. Easier to explain on phone or in person

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Arizona attorney could advise best but your question remains open for two weeks. You could reach out to local attorneys to evaluate whether you have a case, and whether it makes sense for an attorney to represent you or for you to handle it yourself. That would depend on the extent of damages. If nothing else, you could learn the deadlines within which you must file a claim or take other legal action to preserve your rights - only local attorneys could advise on that. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.