Huntsville, AL asked in Child Support for Alabama

Q: Can I request a copy of the child support order myself from the responding state?

Non Contested. Father walked out on me and our child in 2021 moving to MS as me (mom) and our child reside in AL. Filed for child support Dec 2021 through DHR. Case was sent to MS where father resides. His court date was last month. He was a no show. The judge place an order. Am I allowed to contact that county and request a copy of the order even though I my case worker is in AL and his is in MS? My case has been extremely exhausted with timing and I can never get an answer from DHR.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kristine Jones
Kristine Jones
  • Montgomery, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Hello. Thank you for your question. You can contact the court clerk (or the equivalent) in the county where your case is in MS and obtain a copy of the order. Best of luck!

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.