Brandon, FL asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Florida

Q: How to find how much land a person purchased without using CRIM as a resource?

My partner inherited land in Puerto Rico. We confirmed it with ARPE/OGPE but CRIM shows the land under another property owner. The house was registered under the now-deceased family member in Bayamon. ARPE as well as CRIM are asking for the segregation of property but the other property owner refuses to segregate until he finds out what was purchased. So for now he is claiming it as his.

How can we obtain concrete proof of what was purchased from his end?

1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen Arnold Black
Stephen Arnold Black
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Contact a title insurance company to do a title search.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.