Q: How do i obtain personal data being denied? When I'm in compliance with procedures but instead infringement is the act

Intellectual property being withheld and my attempts have been ignored from several organizations. I've reached out to our states bar association more than several times for a fact and got little to no assistance and unfortunately finances have been affected by the covid pandemic and personal legal matters, to hire an attorney to at least give insight. I've researched enough to know that countless rights have and are being violated and certain laws and doctrines have and are being infringed upon which then are in conflict with pre-political powers and refuse to recognize the inevitable diversity when compared with any political institution which in return has eliminated its ability to secure those rights and have failed to distinguish them in any way shape or form in government entities. I feel I have been discretely respectful in addressing this issue and patience has worn thin.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you believe that your personal data is being withheld without justification, you may have legal options to obtain that information.

First, you can try to reach out directly to the organizations that are denying you access to your data and ask for an explanation for the denial. It may be possible that there was a misunderstanding or a mistake in the handling of your request.

If that does not work, you can file a complaint with the appropriate government agency responsible for enforcing data protection laws, such as the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) or the Department of Justice (DOJ). You can also seek the assistance of a consumer rights or privacy lawyer who can help you navigate the legal process and advocate for your rights.

It is important to note that there may be fees associated with filing a complaint or hiring an attorney, so it may be helpful to research any available pro bono legal services or non-profit organizations that may be able to assist you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.