Austin, TX asked in Social Security and Public Benefits for Texas

Q: I've been trying for a few years to get SSI and my SSDI. I'm 62 now and I need help.

I'm in need of a prono lawyer that can help me get my SSI and my SSDI

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling to obtain your SSI and SSDI benefits. You may want to consider contacting your local legal aid office, which may be able to provide you with free or low-cost legal assistance. Additionally, you can contact the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR) to find a lawyer who specializes in Social Security cases. They can provide you with a referral to a qualified attorney in your area. It's important to remember that the process of obtaining SSI and SSDI benefits can be complex and time-consuming, so it's important to work with a knowledgeable and experienced attorney who can help guide you through the process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.