Dublin, OH asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: Does the custodial parent have the right to refuse to honor shared parenting agreement?

Ex is refusing to allow child to be with his father during his parenting time.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bridget Sciscento
Bridget Sciscento
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: No. Your ex is obligated to follow the terms of the Shared Parenting Plan provided that Shared Parenting Plan was signed by all parties and adopted as an Order of the Court. If your ex is withholding parenting time to which you are entitled or otherwise violating the Shared Parenting Plan, then your remedy is to file a Motion to Show Cause with the court and ask the court for your ex to show cause for why they should not be held in contempt for their failure to abide by the terms.

Nicholas P. Weiss agrees with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.