Lawton, OK asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: Hello my name is Lexie Im from Arkansas I live in Oklahoma my license is suspended in Arkansas for failure to appear

I literally forgot that date I wanted to go to prove my innocence just forgot now I'm trying to get my driver's license but it's suppended. Can't get to Arkansas cause I can't drive there. I'm so lost can you help at all.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: I recommend you contact an attorney located in the county/municipality in Arkansas where you failed to appear. The attorney should be able to assist you.

Your other option is to contact the court clerk to pay your fine and fees in Arkansas. If you have an Arkansas license, you will then need to contact Arkansas DPS to find out how to reinstate your license (likely a fee you have to pay after they verify that your fines/fees are paid). Once that has been done, you should be able to drive and obtain an Oklahoma license (if that is your plan).

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.