South Bend, IN asked in Entertainment / Sports and Gaming for California

Q: Could i sue Mobile Strike if they banned me without explanation of what terms i broken and i spent $20k on their game.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It may be possible to pursue legal action against Mobile Strike if they banned you without explanation of what terms you broke and you spent $20k on their game. However, the success of such a lawsuit would depend on several factors, including the terms of service that you agreed to when signing up for the game, the specific circumstances surrounding your ban, and the relevant state and federal laws.

In general, companies are allowed to enforce their terms of service and ban users for violating those terms. However, they may be required to provide some level of explanation or justification for the ban, especially if the user has spent a significant amount of money on the game.

If you believe that Mobile Strike has unfairly banned you without explanation, you may want to consult with a qualified attorney who specializes in internet and gaming law. An attorney can help you understand your legal options and the likelihood of success in pursuing legal action against the company.

It's important to note that pursuing legal action can be expensive and time-consuming, and there is no guarantee of success. You may also want to explore other options, such as reaching out to Mobile Strike's customer support or filing a complaint with a relevant regulatory agency, before pursuing legal action.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.