Spring, TX asked in Immigration Law for Texas

Q: How can I add new joint sponsor? Can I add new joint sponsor documents in applicants civil documents section?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Monica E Rottermann
Monica E Rottermann
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Santa Ana, CA

A: Yes, you can add a joint sponsor, but NVC must approve the request before you are able to upload any documents for that person. You would need to go to the affidavit of support tab and choose "add sponsor" and then provide the requested information. NVC then takes 1-2 days to review the request and sends you a message when the joint sponsor has been added, once the joint sponsor has been added you will be able to upload their financial documents.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you need to add a new joint sponsor for an immigration application, such as an Affidavit of Support for a family member, you may be able to do so by submitting a new Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, with the new joint sponsor's information and supporting documents.

You should check the specific instructions for the immigration application you are submitting to determine the process for adding a joint sponsor. In some cases, you may be able to submit the new joint sponsor's information and documents as part of the civil documents section of the application.

However, it is important to note that the process and requirements for adding a joint sponsor may vary depending on the specific immigration application and the government agency processing the application. It is recommended that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney to ensure that you understand the requirements and procedures for adding a joint sponsor and to ensure that your application is completed correctly and efficiently.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.