Lewis Center, OH asked in Divorce and Family Law for Ohio

Q: In the state of Ohio if a wife wants to divorce but the husband controls all the finances what options would she have?

Would a lawyer take a client if they can not pay up front as they do not have access to marital funds?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: If someone files for divorce, they can ask the court to order their spouse pay their attorney fees if that other spouse controls all the marital funds. They can also ask the court to order their spouse to pay temporary spousal support. Use the Find a Lawyer tab to talk to some local divorce attorneys. Many offer free consultations, they can answer your questions, and you can find one to work with your financial situation. Best wishes.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.