Houston, TX asked in Criminal Law and Internet Law for Texas

Q: There is a crazy ex stalking my family, making threats etc. can they mess with my husband about a warrant if I file p.r?

Today my husband almost got hit at work, along with an employee and customer. The crazy ex texts both of us saying he won’t miss again. I really need to know as soon as possible. So I can make this all go away. Theirs is so much more to this story and frankly I’m tired of having to even watch our backs because of this. I have a 5 month old and a 7 year old that I’m alone with majority of the time and my husband goes to work and this guy is texting us stuff daily. I saved it and have t blocked him so that I could get the proof. I have told my husband to start taking pictures when he says stuff to us that proves he was there watching. We’ve all seen each other passing by in the parking lot in our cars. Which he confirmed it was him by texting about my face. Please respond back asap.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Saying he won't miss again under the facts presented sounds to me like it violates the criminal statute against making "terroristic threats." In this context, "terroristic" is not limited to a political terrorist like on the news. It is a criminal offense defined as follows:

A person commits an offense if he threatens to commit any offense involving violence to any person or property with intent to:

(1) cause a reaction of any type to his threat by an official or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies;

>>>>>>>(2) place any person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury;<<<<<<<

(3) prevent or interrupt the occupation or use of a building, room, place of assembly, place to which the public has access, place of employment or occupation, aircraft, automobile, or other form of conveyance, or other public place;

(4) cause impairment or interruption of public communications, public transportation, public water, gas, or power supply or other public service;

(5) place the public or a substantial group of the public in fear of serious bodily injury;  or

(6) influence the conduct or activities of a branch or agency of the federal government, the state, or a political subdivision of the state.

Subdivision (2) most likely applies in this situation with your husband being the victim.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.