Nashville, TN asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Defense for Kentucky

Q: Someone drove my car without my permission and wrecked causing to $13,000 damage. It's been over a year can I file charg

The car was supposed to be parked, and I didn't know about the wreck at all until later, and I was told that they would take care of it but they didn't and now the insurance companies coming after me for the money took my license. I am now taking the place of a car. I can't even go to work it's called a great hardship to get to work and I can't even get a hardship license unless I've had a drug or alcohol offence which I have not. Never had a ticket. The other guy should be charged not me he wrecked not me

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: You need to hire a lawyer and sue everyone civilly and take a warrant for the guy who stole your car.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.