Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kentucky Insurance Defense Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Collections and Insurance Defense for Kentucky on
Q: Is this a possible lawsuit?

I was force placed insurance on my truck that ive had insurance on since day one. They told me there was a lapse and my truck payment went from $400 a month to over $800 a month. I sent proof of insurance and they ignored me and dodged my calls for a week. I finally got ahold of them and they said... Read more »

Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
answered on Feb 4, 2023

Yes it is a possible lawsuit. You should consult with an experienced attorney in consumer rights.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Insurance Defense and Traffic Tickets for Kentucky on
Q: Can the police pull you over for unconfirmed insurance? I was recently arrested for driving on suspended

Fleeing and evading and resisting arrest because of a traffic stop at 4 in the morning based solely on unconfirmed insurance

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Jan 14, 2021

Fleeing and evading is sufficient probable cause for you to be pulled over.

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Defense for Kentucky on
Q: I was sent a insurance check for over payment,now they want it back,said it was a mistake,do I have to pay it back

The check stub said over payment,I have since changed insurance company

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Sep 10, 2020

A Kentucky attorney could advise best, as insurance practices are governed by state law. But your question remains open for two weeks and the answer is essentially universal everywhere. Yes, they have the right to demand return of the overpayment. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets and Insurance Defense for Kentucky on
Q: 1st off of no insurance, I no longer have the car due to repossession can I still get fined/ jail time

Could I still get fined/ jail time If I could get a letter or something proving I no longer have the car

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Aug 5, 2020

Yes, you still can.

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Defense and Traffic Tickets for Kentucky on
Q: If i got caught with no insurance and exp. tags and exp. driver license, and my car got impounded and I cant get it out?

The car was in car lot name still and they signed it over to sheriff dept, can o get it dismissed

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Feb 27, 2020

You need to hire a criminal defense attorney immediately.

2 Answers | Asked in Insurance Defense and Criminal Law for Kentucky on
Q: Dragging a overdose victim outside. Then calling 911 & leaving that person alone. Is it a crime?

Is this criminal neglect & failure to render aid

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Apr 28, 2018

Probably not, unless you were responsible for the overdose. The more prudent action , of course, would have to call 911 and wait with the person. But, if you were just being a Good Samaritan, you should be fine.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets, Car Accidents, Insurance Bad Faith and Insurance Defense for Kentucky on
Q: Who's insurance is responsible when there is an accident? The driver or the owner of the car?

My daughters friend was driving my daughters car & caused an accident. She totaled her car & caused damage to the other car. My daughter went to file a claim but her insurance had lapsed due to non payment. She got a new bank card & forgot to report it to the insurance company. My... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Mar 2, 2018

Generally as to the other vehicle, the policy covering the car is primary, driver of daughters car secondary.

Daughter needs to see if she got a notice of cancellation. If not, may be able to claim coverage--would have to speak with a member of the Ky Assn for Justice that handles bad faith...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.