Chantilly, VA asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI and Constitutional Law for Virginia

Q: I want to ask a judge to change a court order made in a plea agreement years ago; can I use the Motion to Amend/Review?

It was a plea agreement from DUI to "wet reckless" with one of the conditions being to take ASAP before getting my license back. I am unable to take ASAP for financial reasons, can't secure employment, and this is holding me back from life progression.

1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen Patrick Pfeiffer
Stephen Patrick Pfeiffer
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Virginia Beach, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: You will most likely have no success in doing that because it was plea between you and the Commonwealth which is basically a contract. Additionally, you are well beyond the time to appeal or reopen your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.