Ocala, FL asked in Child Support and Family Law for Florida

Q: I currently live in Florida, what form do i need to submit to terminate child support though mutual agreement?

Both kids (twins) will be 18 on June 28, 2024. I (father) split time 50/50 with their mother. I currently pay $157 a month in support. The mother's financial status has improved over the past several years to the point she no longer needs child support and agreed to sign off on any paperwork to terminate child support. I just need to know what form i need to fill out.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: There is no form. Because child support is a right of the child it is not always simple to "terminate" the support. You could also try filing an agreed order signed by both parents regarding the current child support. You do not mention whether you pay by income withholding order. Your goal can be accomplished but it is not as easy as filing a form. Speak with a local family lawyer for more specific advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.