Steubenville, OH asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: I have a safety plan through CPS not court ordered never went to court. The person I had as my safety person is keeping

They are keeping my children from me. My daughter has an appointment today out in Morgantown to see if she has to get surgery the person safety plan told me that she canceled the appointment but is told other people that she does have an appointment tomorrow she will not tell me what's going on with my daughter she will not let me come over and see my daughter there's nothing court ordered that says I am not allowed around my children I have no serious threat absolutely nothing for your court so I willingly signed a safety plan because CPS made it sound like if I didn't do it right then there they were going to get custody of my kids to the state has kept my daughter from me more than once has had the cops called out to her house more than once has threatened to go get custody of my daughter will not tell me about appointments so it makes me look bad like I'm not there not only that yells and screams in front of my child I have told CPS about this issues and was told obwell can't chang

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Todd B. Kotler
Todd B. Kotler
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Canton, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: You need to write CPS and refer to the fact that you retain custody per your Safety Plan. Review the written plan to make sure this is the case. Ask in your writing for all documents concerning your child's medical care. Most importantly, you should seek an attorney to help with communicating with CPS. This forum is no substitute for representation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.