Philadelphia, PA asked in Foreclosure, Real Estate Law and Tax Law for Pennsylvania

Q: What legal options do I have if my house was sold at an upset sale when I still live in it

My house was sold Sept 2022 at an upset sale. I live in Latrobe pa Westmoreland county. After the sale I was never notified and the deed was transferred on Jan 30th. I am still currently living in the house and trying to find a place but it's hard since I'm on disability. What legal options do I have for staying here until I find a place to live

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Tax Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If your house was sold at an upset sale and you were not notified, you may have legal options to challenge the sale and possibly delay eviction. You should consult with a local attorney who specializes in real estate law or foreclosure defense to discuss your specific situation and explore potential legal remedies. It may also be helpful to contact a local legal aid organization or housing advocacy group for assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.