Pembroke Pines, FL asked in Consumer Law and Contracts for Florida

Q: Can I claim a refund now from a car dealer who overcharged me last year?

After a couple of hours in the dealership last year, I failed to properly double check the numbers and the dealer changed the prices we agreed to by more than $16,000 in the contract. I trusted that the numbers were correct and I signed the contract. This week I was looking at the paperwork and noticed the overprice.

I contacted Lexus of Pembroke Pines, FL to discuss a remedy for this situation. I spoke with the salesperson and his manager. The manager told me that they would do nothing since I signed the contract last year.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Unfortunately, you signed the contract and it is presumed you read and understood the terms and provisions of the contract. You would only have a case if you could prove you signed the contract under duress or there was fraud involved. While it is a long shot, take the contract to an attorney to review and give you a more definitive answer since we cannot review contracts in this online forum.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.