Columbus, OH asked in Family Law for Ohio

Q: Do you help with paternity? there were 2 other men she slept with.

She won't let him see the baby. If it is his we wants a relationship with his son hamilton ,oh

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Raquel Ann Parish
Raquel Ann Parish
  • Delaware, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Unmarried Fathers can register their potential paternity with the Ohio putative Father's registry so the state is aware of the Father's claims. Unmarried Fathers in Ohio can go to Child Support to request DNA testing and an administrative order of Paternity to establish parentage. Unmarried Fathers also have a right to file for custody of their child in the Juvenile court of the county where their minor child resides (generally where the Mother resides). Fathers can get more information about filing for custody by visiting the county juvenile court in person and/or reviewing custody information online at the juvenile court website.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.