Philadelphia, PA asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability and Workers' Compensation for Pennsylvania

Q: I have permanent scar tissue on my nose from a pair of safety glasses cutting in and ripping the skin off can I sue

I wear prescription glasses and had to wear a pair of safety glasses over top of the prescription glasses the safety glasses had a sharp edge on the bottom and kept ripping into my skin kept cutting in my skin I tried many different pairs of the safety glasses and they all did the same thing they ripped the skin completely off my nose and now I have permanent discoloration and scarring the company I work for has now went with a different type of glasses that go over your glasses because of the old glasses having a sharp edge I also have many witnesses to these facts also have a couple pairs of the product with the sharp edge

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Products Liability Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Pennsylvania attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. It sounds like you may be working in an industrial, lab, or other setting where the glasses may be part of your safety gear in the course of your employment. If that's the case, it's possible you could have elements of workers' comp and product liability law involved. A starting point could be to try to arrange a free initial consult - if a law firm felt that you might have the basis for a case, they could look more closely into whether the safety glasses were "defective," from a product liability standpoint. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.