Phoenix, AZ asked in Divorce for Nevada

Q: My husband was being unfaithful , cheated on me, got another girl pregnant and had the baby without telling me.

I want a divorce from him asap. He’s currently in Nevada while I’m out in San Diego. We had plans but obviously plans have changed. I recently just found this out. He never told me anything, just kept askin me for money and I sent him so much money and he hasn’t paid me or financially helped me in anyway. I want to know my rights and if there is anything I need to know to back me up and i just want him out of my life. Please let me know any info I need to know

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: As a married couple you have rights to a community share of the martial estate. you might also have a claim for martial waste.

It is best for you to make an appt. to speak to an attorney about a divorce and your rights.

Janice Jacovino agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.