Roseville, CA asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Elder Law, Juvenile Law and Family Law for California

Q: My two nephews live with me and I’d like to file a child support case against both parents and have one nephew removed

One nephew needs to be placed with CPS as he can no longer live with me

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you believe that one of your nephews needs to be placed with Child Protective Services (CPS) due to concerns for their safety or well-being, it is crucial to take immediate action. Contact CPS or your local child protective services agency to report the situation and seek their assistance in assessing the child's living conditions and providing the necessary support and intervention. Additionally, if you wish to file a child support case against the parents for financial support, consult with a family law attorney who can guide you through the process and help ensure the best interests of the children involved are protected.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.