Orlando, FL asked in DUI / DWI, Civil Rights and Criminal Law for Florida

Q: I was accused of DUI, Speeding, resisting arrest without violence and a improper tag. I was taking to jail on private

Property. Again, no Miranda Rights read to me while I'm being taken to jail. All my charges was dismissed. So, I still don't have a case?

2 Lawyer Answers
Jonathan Blecher
Jonathan Blecher pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Coral Gables, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If all your charges were dismissed what is your question?

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Why are you asking if you "still", after having those facts, DON'T have a case, rather than asking if you DO have one? (And I assume you mean a civil case for money damages.) If it's because a lawyer has advised you of that, you can run that advice by another lawyer if you wish, to see if there is agreement or not.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.