Minneapolis, MN asked in Criminal Law for Minnesota

Q: Is it possible to have my charges from 2001 expunged?

I was charged in 2001 with felony terroristic threat and felony assault in the 5 degree.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sarah Gad
Sarah Gad
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: Unfortunately, neither one of these offenses (felony assault & terroristic threats are expungable offenses in the State of Minnesota at this time. You can find a full list of expungable felony offenses here: https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/609A/full#stat.609A.01.

If you haven't been convicted of any new offenses since 2001, you might be eligible for a pardon from the governor. Best of luck to you.

Jonathan Matthew Holson agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.