Marion, MA asked in Civil Litigation, Probate and Family Law for Massachusetts

Q: My ex is taking me back to court for contempt I feel what he is doing is litigation abuse. I cannot afford a lawyer.

I am not able to answer his phone calls every single night so he can speak to our son. The last lawyer I had said to agree to the terms of him speaking to my son every night and that it wouldn’t be a big deal. I never wanted to agree because I know my schedule is crazy and I shouldn’t have to be held hostage to my phone and especially on my parenting time. On top of that he has called Dcf and has already asked for any mental evaluations.

1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: If there is a Court Order that there is a phone call father has at such a time each night, someone needs to make sure the call happens so that if someone else is watching the child, then they can handle the child responding to the call.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.