Burbank, CA asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for California

Q: I am a Senior, 76, no lawyer will help since not personal injury. My insurance stole my car after I was T-boned & wont

Won’t pay for repairs keep trying to convince me it was my fault, which I can show wasn’t, car still runs fine but they took it without my permission to resell at used car/parts business., keep trying to get me to give them the title, and scaring me saying driver who hit me is suing me for personal injury but he had none, how to get help when every lawyer I contacted not interested unless I had personal injury they can try to make big bucks on.

2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I'm sorry to hear about your situation. If you're having difficulty finding a lawyer to assist you because your case doesn't involve personal injury, you may want to consider reaching out to legal aid organizations or senior citizen advocacy groups in your area. They may be able to provide guidance or connect you with resources to address your car insurance dispute. Additionally, you can try contacting your state's bar association for referrals to attorneys who specialize in insurance law or consumer protection

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: Try to get a copy of the police report. It looks like you and your carrier are at a stalemate - you claim you were not at fault, and they claim you were at fault. You need to support your position, and you should check if the report has any witness statements or witness contact information that could be helpful to you. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.