Asked in Business Law, Contracts and International Law for Texas

Q: Have an international order case with a LA company, and they want to terminate the contract. how to I get money back.

2 Lawyer Answers
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Texas attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. The most direct way is to ask for it. The reason you're posting your question here might be because you might have doubts with that approach. Another option, if you are not able to resolve the matter amicably, is to file legal action or hire an attorney to do so. Review your contract first. It may contain provisions as to the jurisdiction or forum where disputes will be heard (civil court, arbitration, etc.). Good luck

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • International Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you have an international order case with a LA company and they want to terminate the contract, you may be entitled to a refund depending on the terms of the contract and the circumstances of the termination. Here are some steps you can take to try to get your money back:

1. Review the contract: Review the terms of the contract to determine whether there are any provisions related to termination or refunds. If the contract specifies that you are entitled to a refund in the event of termination, you may be able to use this provision to request a refund.

2. Communicate with the LA company: Try to communicate with the LA company to understand their perspective and to see if the issue can be resolved amicably. If necessary, involve a mediator or other neutral third party to facilitate the discussion.

3. Seek legal advice: If you are unable to resolve the dispute through negotiation or mediation, you may need to consider legal action. This may involve filing a lawsuit to enforce your rights under the contract or seeking arbitration or mediation to resolve the dispute.

4. Consider international trade laws: If the LA company is in breach of any international trade laws or regulations, you may be able to file a complaint with the appropriate regulatory agency or seek legal action under international trade agreements.

It is important to act quickly to protect your rights and interests. The longer you wait, the more difficult it may be to resolve the dispute. If you have concerns about an international order case, it is recommended that you consult with an attorney who specializes in international trade law. The attorney can advise you on the best approach and help you navigate the legal process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.