Shepherdsville, KY asked in Child Custody, Divorce, Family Law and Civil Rights for Kentucky

Q: Video recording car / child transfer.

I support a lady from my church with driving for her daughter's transfer in KY state. The girl is around 4 years old. The place is at a gas station and close to the police station. The father is always video recording (usually places his cellphone on his shirt pocket with the lens facing forward). I never agreed to the recording. Is that for him necessary to do? I am not comfortable and least when my car plate is also recorded. The mother doesn't record neither do I. However, I have a dashboard camera that loops ever 5 minutes which i have it for traffic reasons only and have had it long before. There isn't any criminal situation that would make his recording necessary to do. Should I address this with him directly (I don't want to create a drama in front of the child and public place, that is the only time I can talk to him but I am not friend of him neither acquaintance) or should the mother report this to her legal counsel?

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Let the mother report it to her legal counsel.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.