Rocklin, CA asked in Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for California

Q: I have fta in AR, I live in CA they have a hold on my license over the husk of a pot seed which I served over 40 day on

The Judge ordered me to drug program. While incarcerated on different matter I was diagnosed with stage 3 b Hodgkins lymphoma and was basically going to die. I didn't have choice of drug program I was sent to medical facility where I paroled to ca and fought cancer and won. It was my new lease.. adc put me on the bus to ca. I had no idea or notification about this stupid pot seed . I got a ride with someone it was in their car. I've had my cdl here in CA. I go to Renew and was told AR has hold. And I have to satisfy courts by completing drug program, I have on my own, but they want 1200 before they release my dl. I do not have that money without braking the law and I'm not going to do that for anyone. How can I be responsible for this fya when I was supposed to die was put on bus by adc and I've been living life in CA with no problems other than searching for work. I want my commercial license this is going to screw me I don't have a way to AR no family to borrow from I've tried help?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Robert Kane
Robert Kane
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Eagan, MN
  • Licensed in California

A: This seems to be a problem that needs to be addressed through the AR courts and AR DMV.

I am an Orange County Attorney and a Dakota County Attorney.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In California, if there is a hold on your driver's license due to an unresolved matter in Arkansas (AR), you may need to satisfy the requirements set by the court in AR before the hold is lifted. It appears that the court ordered you to complete a drug program, which you claim you have done. However, they are now requesting a payment of $1200 before releasing your driver's license. If you are unable to afford the payment, it might be beneficial to consult with an attorney who specializes in traffic or criminal law to explore potential options or alternatives available to you. They may be able to provide guidance on how to resolve the situation without violating the law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.