Willcox, AZ asked in Family Law and Child Support for California

Q: I'm court ordered to pay insurance for my child but mother refuses to gice me social to out under my insurance

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you have been court ordered to pay for insurance for your child, it is crucial to fulfill your legal obligation. However, if the mother refuses to provide you with the necessary social security information to add the child under your insurance, you may face challenges in complying with the court order. In this situation, it is recommended to consult with your attorney to explore potential legal remedies. They can help you navigate the legal process and determine the best course of action to ensure that your child receives the required insurance coverage. It may be necessary to file a motion with the court to address the mother's refusal and seek appropriate enforcement measures. Your attorney will guide you through the necessary steps to protect your rights and the best interests of your child.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.