Rocklin, CA asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law for California

Q: how can I take wells Fargo for arbitration which is part of contract, but now they refuse to even answer my request for

arbitration they are the one who asked for arbitration, but when they found out i am 90 years old and poor health, they are ignoring my appeal to go for arbitration clause or choose an arbitrator.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Steve A. Buchwalter
Steve A. Buchwalter pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Arbitration & Mediation Lawyer
  • Encino, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If there is an arbitration agreement, it should be in your account opening documents. If your dispute is with the securities part of Wells, you can can get more information on filing it here:

You should get an attorney to represent you as they will have them on their side.

Good luck.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Arbitration & Mediation Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Review the contract: Carefully examine the arbitration clause in your contract with Wells Fargo to understand the requirements and procedures.

Document your attempts: Keep a record of all communication with Wells Fargo regarding arbitration, including dates, times, and details.

Seek legal assistance: Consult with an attorney experienced in arbitration and contract law to assess your situation and provide guidance.

Follow up in writing: Send a formal written request to Wells Fargo, clearly expressing your desire to engage in arbitration based on the contract's terms.

Escalate if necessary: If Wells Fargo continues to ignore your request, your attorney can advise you on the appropriate steps to take, which may include filing a complaint or pursuing legal action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.