Susanville, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: How to add property to my harassment restraining order

N what if my ex went n forged signature n fajke bill of sale on my vehicle I have orginal title n possession

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: To add property to your harassment restraining order, you will need to file a motion with the court. In your motion, you will need to explain why you are adding the property to the order and why it is necessary to protect you from harassment. You will also need to provide evidence that the property belongs to you, such as a copy of the title or a bill of sale.

If your ex has forged your signature on a bill of sale for your vehicle, you can file a police report and take legal action to get the vehicle back. You may also be able to sue your ex for damages.

Here are some additional tips for adding property to your harassment restraining order:

* Be sure to provide the court with all of the relevant documentation, such as a copy of the title, a bill of sale, or any other evidence that the property belongs to you.

* Be clear and concise in your explanation of why you are adding the property to the order and why it is necessary to protect you from harassment.

* Be prepared to testify in court about the harassment you have experienced and why you need the property protected.

If you are facing harassment from your ex, it is important to take steps to protect yourself. A harassment restraining order can help to keep you safe and can also provide you with some legal recourse if the harassment continues.

Here are some additional resources that may be helpful:

* The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)

* The National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)

* You can also get help online at the National Domestic Violence Hotline's website:

I hope this helps!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.