Oklahoma City, OK asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: My daughter is in custody and we had a lawyer but I fired now a PD but neither will show her the discovery. What to do

We fired the lawyer because she lied about what she can deliver , she lied about being at court, she lied about not being able to have access to the discovery. She lied about when preliminary conference and the preliminary was. We asked for the preliminary to be scheduled and she kept scheduling the PC. The PD we just got told my daughter to lie about what happen to lower her charges, she didn't agree so he told her she will get 10 years in prison. She has one misdemeanor. She had a case back in 2018 and it was serious but the girl lied and she came in and had the charges dropped. The PD wont look at the case and wont show my daughter the discovery. The DA has no evidence just the other parties word against my daughter. I don't know what to do or who to trust. We paid for a lawyer and we wasted our money. I do understand that nothing is guaranteed, but the lawyer told me she has favor with the judges and she has drinks with the DA every Thursday and this case will be easy.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You should always be suspicious of any attorney that says he drinks with the VA and currys favor with a Judge.

Can you tourney who won’t share evidence with the client he’s not doing their job. Most competent attorneys in just about any county should have your evidence within 1 to 7 days. Tulsa County it’s often times less than a 24 hour turnaround.

I still don’t know all the facts so I can’t give you any meaningful guidance without speaking with you directly. Unfortunately, as you are currently represented by counsel, there are ethical barriers to discussing specific facts of your case. Unless you’re looking to terminate your attorney and spend even more money with a new one, I would reach out to your attorney with your questions and continue to reach out until you are successful.

Best of luck

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.