Katy, TX asked in Contracts and Foreclosure for Texas

Q: I have a TRO,Lis Pendens,PreliminaryInjunction andDecleratory Relief drafted and filed at court with complaint whatsnext

How Do I file the TRO, Lis Pendens, Prelininary injunction and Declaratory Relief?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: A notice of lis pendens is filed in the deed records of the county where the property is located.

An application for TRO, preliminary injunction, and declaratory relief is filed electronically with the clerk of the court (which could be the county clerk, state district clerk, or federal district clerk depending on the court). Be aware that our state courts have a different e-filing system than federal courts.

If you are pro se, contact the appropriate clerk for electronic filing instructions. It may take a bit of reading and practice to get the hang of it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.