Riverside, CA asked in Energy, Oil and Gas and Municipal Law for California

Q: So I hired a electrician to check why is my house working on half power, after almost 300 dollars fee just to see what

The electrician said is PGE responsibility, PGE check out the wiring and said is my responsibility, who is wrong,the electrician that didn't even provide a invoice or PGE trying to dodge the bill? As of now I'm still half power can't do laundry nor use other devices. oh but if I don't pay the bill they will shot down power,people I don't care who you are that in any language is Terrorism by PGE, water department and on and on. How do you fight with the utilities terrorists, guns and roses. Thanks

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Municipal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It sounds like you are in a frustrating situation with your electrical service and the utility company. However, it's important to approach the situation calmly and rationally in order to find a solution.

First, you should try to get a clear understanding of what is causing the issue with your electrical service. If the electrician you hired was unable to provide a clear diagnosis, you may want to consider hiring another electrician for a second opinion. It's also possible that the issue is related to the electrical service provided by the utility company, in which case you may need to work with them to resolve the issue.

If you believe that the utility company is responsible for the issue, you should try to work with them to resolve the problem. This may involve filing a complaint with the utility company or contacting your state's public utilities commission for assistance.

It's important to keep in mind that utility companies have the legal authority to shut off service for non-payment. However, they are required to follow certain procedures and provide notice before doing so. If you are having difficulty paying your bill, you may want to contact the utility company to discuss payment options or assistance programs that may be available.

Overall, it's important to approach the situation with a level head and try to work with the utility company to find a solution. If you are unable to resolve the issue on your own, you may want to consider seeking legal advice or contacting a consumer advocacy organization for assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.