Seattle, WA asked in Medical Malpractice for Washington

Q: Can I sue Allenmore Hospital Emergency Department for lying to me about my injuries?

May 26th I fell off a roof 9 feet, my head and the whole right side body all hit the ground, I had to drive myself the ER, during intake I had difficulty trying to convince them that I fell off a roof, they didn't believe me, after the 4th time of questioning and I wasn't changing my story, they took me in & got me a wheelchair. After the CT scans I was told I had no serious injuries, no broken or cracked bones, and I was concerned about my hip, so felt relieved about that however I was in so much pain from my ribs and again I was told I had no broken or cracked ribs. I've had broken ribs before and I know what they feel like and I kept feeling two broken, After 5 days I went another ER where I got another CT scan and was told I have two fractured ribs. My hip was injured & because they said I was ok, yet I have to use a walker or my crutches to walk. I have not been able to walk without them.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: If you had additional damages because of their failure to diagnose and treat, you may have a case. Otherwise, any case would not likely be viable. Based on what you indicated, there would probably not be a case worth taking. But it is recommended you consult with experienced medical malpractice attorneys in the state where this occurred.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.