Cincinnati, OH asked in Family Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Ohio

Q: Can I file an appeal from someone in falsifying court documents and getting custody of my kids? And terminating my right

My aunt is a CPS supervisor here in Franklin County, and she offered to help me with my children until my youngest child was raised in at about 10 months. I was talking to her about getting my kids back and she was telling me that I was doing good and there’s not in the other and then oddly I get a report and call from CPS taking my youngest child so she’s refused to give me my other two children back at this point I’m finding out that she actually went and defend my character and said I haven’t been around since birth, and I have substantial amount of evidence to fight this case and confine zero help and feel cheated and lied to! Now that I wanna have my visitations expanded, she will not let me talk to my kids on the phone, or communicate with me any longer after four consecutive years of me, cooperating with her ordered supervise visits without factual evidence as to why I had to do that other than the fact that she thinks it’s because I don’t have a stable place to live I shouldn’t

1 Lawyer Answer
Todd B. Kotler
Todd B. Kotler
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Canton, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Sadly. It sounds like the critical decisions were made 4 years ago. That is well outside the 30 day time-line for appeal. As mother you can always file for a change of legal custody of you can show a change of circumstances of either the child or the child's caregiver.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.