Las Vegas, NV asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Nevada

Q: 15 yo child left moms house 6 mths ago and refuses to return. Grounds for father to adjust physical custody and support?

Currently there is 50/50 custody with neither party paying support.

6 months ago child left mothers house. He has no desire to return. Mother called cops on child but they dont have authority to force child to return. Does father have grounds to adjust physical custody to primary and gain child support from mother?

Mother has not once reached out to father in the matter, and only reaches out to child on milestones but never asks about the child, only expresses her wishes and her accomplishments.

1 Lawyer Answer
Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: The current Court Order will stand UNTIL one of the parties files for a modification of the order and the Court Grants it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.