Birmingham, AL asked in Civil Litigation, Real Estate Law and Small Claims for Alabama

Q: My mortgage holder is having me evicted. I have a lease purchase contract. I never violated it.

He did not serve me properly. He filed in the wrong court. Yet the judge took it anyways. What do I do now? This shouldn't of been in Civil court at all. The judge in the appeal court never heard any of my testimony. Nor looked at any of my documents. I'm not sure if my attorney even submitted any evidence at all. What is my next step? I know my timeline is crucial here.

1 Lawyer Answer
Allan Lamar Armstrong
Allan Lamar Armstrong
  • Birmingham, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: If you are currently represented by your original lawyer, you must seek advice from that person. There may be answers in response to your concerns and an appropriate course of action. If you seek new counsel, much more information is necessary. A new lawyer will need to review all documents and court records. This question cannot be answered on a q&a forum. I wish you the best.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.