Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by William Vann Burkett
1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Alabama on
Q: If a home builder changes the date of closing to tbd. I didn't sign that contract. Is it valid?

I signed the original contract with a close date of 9/16/21. The builder changed the close date to tbd. Now we can't get a close date in writing.

William Vann Burkett
William Vann Burkett answered on Sep 21, 2021

Generally, a contract will control the relationship between the parties unless modified. There are multiple ways to modify a contract under Alabama Law. The language of your executed agreement may have an effect on what methods are available to modify the agreement. In order to fully understand... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Alabama on
Q: Which article would be the correct article for a cattle company llc. Title 10A Chapter 5A Article 11 or Article 8

Selling beef to the public, restaurant and grocery store

William Vann Burkett
William Vann Burkett answered on May 11, 2021

Any time you are starting a business or entering into a significant transaction it is wise to work with an attorney. The articles you mention are relevant to L.L.C.s that perform professional services and "series" L.L.C.s. These provisions may apply depending on whether you have formed an... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Alabama on
Q: A mortgage to secure option in Alabama?

I’m purchasing an option for 10,000 to buy the property for 250k within the next 20 years, however, I want to make sure the option is secure and won’t be closed over the top of. Can I use a mortgage or another security instrument to keep my option in place?

William Vann Burkett
William Vann Burkett answered on May 11, 2021

Any time you are dealing with a real estate transaction it is wise to work with an attorney. They will be able to advise you of the individual provisions of the option contract and how each influences your rights down the road. Generally, agreements and documents affecting title to land may be... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.