Portland, OR asked in Personal Injury and Landlord - Tenant for Oregon

Q: Hello, I am a 54 year old lady .I live in an apt. building that has shared bathrooms and kitchens.On 3 occasions

I have fallen due to there not being any non slip on this floor and or beacause of a faulty drain system, which I have repeatedly e mailed the owners/ manager about only to get no response at all.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Oregon attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. A local attorney would be familiar with any applicable building or safety codes for multi-family dwellings. However, from the standpoint of general legal principles (regardless of a city's building codes), those elements you describe could be argued as contributing to your accident and the ensuing injuries. Reach out to local attorneys to try to set up a free initial consult - that would be a reliable way to help you sort things out in terms of learning what your rights are, applicable deadlines are, and what your options are. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.