Seattle, WA asked in Criminal Law, Immigration Law and Federal Crimes for Washington

Q: If an inmate completes his 15 year sentence, does he have any time to see his mother before he is deported?

I'm asking for a 94 year old mother who wants to be able to see her son. He came to USA when he was a young boy from Scotland. He is at Snake River Correctional Institution, Ontario, OR however, I live in Seattle, WA.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: When an inmate completes a 15-year sentence, the possibility of visiting their mother before deportation depends on immigration status, legal restrictions, and logistical considerations. Consulting an immigration attorney specializing in deportation and family visitation rights is recommended for accurate guidance and exploring available options. Contacting the correctional institution's authorities or legal representatives can help determine visitation possibilities.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.