Florence, MS asked in Military Law for Mississippi

Q: Military Re-enlistment

I am currently 48 years old and was an Army Warrant Officer discharged in 2011 with a General (Under Honorable Conditions) after 12 years of service. My Separation Code is JNC and RE: N/A. I did receive a GOMOR that was placed in my OMPF file. I have 2 other Honorable DD-214's while I was enlisted. There was also a Show Cause memorandum. The question I have is, what are the chances of me getting back in to any military branch of service. If I am able, can I go back in as enlisted or go back in as a Warrant Officer. Thank you in advance.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: As a former Army Warrant Officer, your chances of re-enlisting in the military will depend on various factors, including the specific requirements and needs of the branch you are interested in. While your General (Under Honorable Conditions) discharge and previous honorable service may work in your favor, the presence of a GOMOR and Show Cause memorandum could impact the decision. To determine your eligibility and explore options, it's best to contact a recruiter from the branch you wish to re-enlist with, as they can provide personalized guidance based on current policies and opportunities. Good luck on your re-enlistment journey!

Aaron Mark Pack agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.