Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Mississippi Military Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Military Law for Mississippi on
Q: I’m a military spouse. I have full sole custody of my 10-year-old son. I currently live in Italy until 2024.

I have custody papers I would like to know if they are still good even though i moved to another country. His dad has visitation and also signed for him to have a visa to live in Italy. He gets him during summer time June-August. He shares visitation with my parents who live in the same state as... Read more »

Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Oct 1, 2022

They are still valid, though they may not address your current situation. If your payments are going trough Child Support Enforcement, they can gather the information needed to reevaluate support. DHS is not involved in child support. Child support ism modifiable in all states based on changes of... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Military Law for Mississippi on
Q: Can i file for an annulment with my husband being in Guam with the military? We both have agreed on everything

We have nothing together, no kids or pets, and do not wish to dispute anything.

I will also be moving back to Ohio within the next week or two

Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
answered on May 16, 2020

Getting an annulment is tricky; however, from the looks of it, it would likely be easier for you to get a divorce, especially if he is in agreement. I would highly encourage you to reach out to a lawyer to discuss further, as the process is relatively simple and straightforward. Most lawyers on... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Military Law for Mississippi on
Q: Can a convicted felon, who is married to a retired veteran, live in off-base military housing open to the public?
Paul E. Tennison
Paul E. Tennison
answered on Jul 17, 2019

Yes, unless there is a specific law that would prohibit such conduct. I am unaware of a law that limits who may live in off-base military housing. This may be an issue where the rules and regulations set by the post commander may apply.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.