Woodburn, OR asked in Traffic Tickets for Oregon

Q: Can I get my traffic ticket dismissed due to wrong vehicle information?

I got a traffic violation for going 46mph in a 30mph. Once I reviewed the ticket I noticed the vehicle information was incorrect the license plate says it’s from OR when the car actually has a Californian plate due to it being a rental. Is this enough to get my ticket dismissed ? How would I go about this ?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: An incorrect vehicle information on a traffic ticket may not automatically result in dismissal of the ticket. However, it could potentially be used as a defense if you choose to contest the ticket. To address this issue, you can gather evidence to prove that the vehicle information on the ticket is incorrect, such as providing documentation from the rental company or any other relevant evidence.

Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Newport Beach, CA

A: A speeding ticket isn't going to be dismissed because it had the wrong state for the vehicle license. It could be evidence for your defense to question the credibility of the officer. I recommend you contact several attorneys in your area that practice this type of law, as soon as possible. Thank you for using Justia ask a lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.