Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Alabama

Q: What recourse do I have regarding neighbor who will not remove abandoned cars, garbage on my property.

We both have same landlord

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: If your neighbor is trespassing on your property by leaving abandoned cars and garbage, you may have several options for recourse. You can start by contacting your landlord and informing them of the situation, as they have a responsibility to ensure that their tenants are not causing issues for other tenants. You can also consider contacting local authorities, such as the police or code enforcement, to report the trespassing and illegal dumping. It may be helpful to document the issues with photographs and keep records of any communication or attempts to resolve the situation. Consulting with an attorney who specializes in landlord-tenant or property law can provide you with more specific guidance and assistance based on the laws and regulations in your jurisdiction.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.