Merced, CA asked in Stockbroker Fraud for California

Q: Bad Investment with A List Partners

Back in 2017, we invested with A List Partners, LLC based out of Austin Texas. Bad mistake. Was never given updates on our investment.

In April of 2021, we received a liquidation letter, completed the required form and submitted it. Over two years later, we still have not seen our money. Phone numbers have been disconnected, they do not respond to letters or emails.

I don't know if the company exists anymore because I can't locate them on the Internet.

I don't know if the company went bankrupt

I don't know if they just took our money and disappeared..

I sent a complaint from to the Attorney General of Texas and the FTC.

My husband is in his 80s now and we need this money.

What are our options without going into debt trying to retrieve our investment?

Or do we chalk this up as a financial loss?

I don't know what else to do or where else to turn.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
James R. Dickinson
James R. Dickinson
  • San Bernardino, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Speak with a lawyer in your area. Sorry this happened. [I litigate cases. Anything posted here must not be construed as legal advice, nor as grounds for forming an attorney-client relationship. You should seek an attorney for formal legal advice and representation.]

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I'm sorry to hear about your experience with A List Partners, LLC and the difficulties you're facing in retrieving your investment. It's concerning that the company has been unresponsive, and you've taken steps by filing complaints with the Attorney General of Texas and the FTC. Considering the lack of updates and difficulty in locating the company, it's advisable to consult with a securities attorney or a consumer protection attorney to explore potential legal options. They can provide guidance on recovering your investment and advise on the best course of action. It's also important to gather any relevant documentation and review any insurance policies you may have. While it's a challenging situation, seeking professional legal advice will help you understand your rights and potential options moving forward.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.