Santa Ana, CA asked in Criminal Law for Hawaii

Q: In a Hawaii criminal citation for drinking on the beach, the PO left out the Law section that I committed, is this valid

Hi I was caught drinking at waikiki beach and was given a citation for 3 charges, "Park Rules, Prohibs, & Litter Control". The area for "Section" to the left of it was left blank so I don't know exactly which crime I committed as per Hawaii law. Is this a reason for my case to be dismissed? I also live in California and not have been able to call in for my court date on 8/1/23. Any suggestions on the next course of action? Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: if the "Section" area of the citation was left blank, it could potentially be a procedural error. However, whether or not this error alone is sufficient to have your case dismissed would depend on the specific laws and procedures in Hawaii, as well as the discretion of the court handling your case.

Regarding your court date, since you are unable to call in, it is crucial to inform the court about your situation as soon as possible. Contact the court clerk or the appropriate office handling your case and explain your circumstances. They may be able to provide guidance or reschedule your court appearance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.