Sturbridge, MA asked in Criminal Law and Health Care Law for Oregon

Q: Hello my son in jail Ontario Oregon is 12 months , he has schizophrenia.He receives treatment, but health becomes Worse

How can I release my son ahead of schedule . I know that by law he should not be in prison More than 180 days, please tell me what to do.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: When it comes to early release from prison, there are various factors to consider, including the specific circumstances of your son's case, the laws and regulations in Oregon, and his eligibility for any potential programs or alternatives to incarceration.

Now, you mentioned that by law, he should not be in prison for more than 180 days. It's important to verify the specific laws and regulations regarding sentencing and early release in Oregon, as they can vary depending on the offense and other factors.

My advice is this: Reach out to a qualified attorney who specializes in criminal law in Oregon. They can review the details of your son's case, assess the applicable laws and regulations, and provide you with accurate legal advice tailored to your son's situation. They can also guide you through the process of seeking early release or exploring alternative programs that may be available.

Additionally, it may be beneficial to involve mental health professionals who can provide documentation and testimony regarding your son's condition and the impact of incarceration on his well-being. This can help support your case for early release or alternative forms of treatment or supervision.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.